Tuesday 7 February 2012

Daisy Doodles DT card - A Gem of a Poppy

Well here it is, my first project as DT member with Daisy DoodlesThis is the first week of Daisy's Image Inspirations. Every other Wednesday Daisy Doodles Design Team will be featuring an image. The image that is featured will be offered at a reduced price or for Free. This week Miss Daisy is offering this "Poppy"  digi image for FREE. Check out Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges Blog and see how each DT member used the image and find out how to get your free "Poppy" image.  It's really wonderful to see how many people see the same image differently.
I was given this image and thought, what can I do with it other than colouring in with pens and pencils and this is the result.  I printed the image off onto printable acetate, then using dries clear glue I added shades of glitter.  This was then allowed to dry for at least 24hrs, by which time the lovely sparkle shone through the acetate, I then cut around the image ready to mount onto my base card.  I made the base card from an A4 sheet of Snow white Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion, folded to give an A5 card, using the Framey board from The Glitter Girls I then embossed the simple frame on the card base, then on red mirri and then on to more snow white centura pearl, mounted them up with foam pads, added the Poppy and sentiment to give the finished result.

I hope you like it, the photo doesn't quite do it justice - it is quite stunning even if I do say so myself :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have also entered this card into: Crafter Companions 'Anything Goes' challenge: http://ccmonthlychallenge.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. WOW Lynne this is one beautiful card. I love the Cas look with the POP of red. Congratulations on your first DT card. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne this is great and lovely idea and well done on being DT member
    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite right: it is stunning!

    Love

    Anneke xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s beautiful Linda,love poppies and good luck being a member of Daisy Doodles DT team xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunner! Lovely colours and love the poppies. Good Luck in your new venture.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynne, I love this! Poppies are a favourite of mine but this is beautiful.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful card Lynne you are so talented , i love poppies and wow i would be over the moon to recieve that , well done xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful card, I love poppies. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lynne & well done on becoming a DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful, the poppy is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Lynne. Congrats on completing your first DT project hun x Knew you could do it. Look forward to some more stunning work :-) x
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, looking forward to the challenges ahead. Your card is amazing luv, we must meet for coffee soon xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous - I love the effect you've achieved painting with glitter xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lynne, this is stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete